Assembling Mitogenomes from PacBio HiFi reads using MitoHiFi¶
This session is part of Biodiversity Genomics Academy 2023
Senior Bioinformatician, Wellcome Sanger Institute
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Run MitoHiFi using docker
- Understand the different steps done by MitoHiFi
- Understand intermediate outputs
- Cases where the pipeline fails
- Understand the terms genome assembly, reads, contigs, PacBio HiFi
- Understand linux command line basics
Please make sure you MEET THE PREREQUISITES and READ THE DESCRIPTION above
You will get the most out of this session if you meet the prerequisites above.
Please also read the description carefully to see if this session is relevant to you.
If you don't meet the prerequisites or change your mind based on the description or are no longer available at the session time, please email tol-training at sanger.ac.uk to cancel your slot so that someone else on the waitlist might attend.
## Connecting to gitpod for the session
Commands for the session¶
- Let's assemble something pink (from reads, -r)
- Let's do a bird (from contigs, -c)
- Let's do a plant (from contigs, -c)