Assembling Genomes with the VGP-Galaxy Pipeline¶
This session is part of Biodiversity Genomics Academy 2023
Galaxy Team, Nekrutenko Lab,
The Pennsylvania State University
This session will start with a short overview of the data used in the Vertebrate Genome Project (VGP), and the pipeline developed by the collaboration VGP-Galaxy for the production of high-quality genome assembly. It will be followed but a hands-on assembly on real data in Galaxy. By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Perform a genome Assembly in Galaxy
- Evaluate the quality of your genome
- Understand the terms genome assembly, reads, contigs, phasing, haplotype, k-mers
- Knowledge of genome assembly steps: contigging, scaffolding, QC
- Create a user account on usegalaxy.org
Please make sure you MEET THE PREREQUISITES and READ THE DESCRIPTION above
You will get the most out of this session if you meet the prerequisites above.
Please also read the description carefully to see if this session is relevant to you.
If you don't meet the prerequisites or change your mind based on the description or are no longer available at the session time, please email tol-training at sanger.ac.uk to cancel your slot so that someone else on the waitlist might attend.