Understanding k-mers and ploidy using Smudgeplot¶
This session is part of Biodiversity Genomics Academy 2023
Kamil S. Jaron
Group leader, Tree of Life
Wellcome Sanger Institute
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand how Smudgeplot estimates ploidy
- Appreciate strengths and weakness of Smudgeplot
- Run Smudgeplot and understand the input parameters
- Critically evaluate a Smudgeplot
- Understanding of linux command line basics
- Knowledge of basic genome biology
- (optional) read the smudgeplot sections of https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-14998-3
Please make sure you MEET THE PREREQUISITES and READ THE DESCRIPTION above
You will get the most out of this session if you meet the prerequisites above.
Please also read the description carefully to see if this session is relevant to you.
If you don't meet the prerequisites or change your mind based on the description or are no longer available at the session time, please email tol-training at sanger.ac.uk to cancel your slot so that someone else on the waitlist might attend.