Introduction to Manual Curation - HiC and JBrowse¶
This session is part of Biodiversity Genomics Academy 2023
Genome Reference Informatics Team, Wellcome Sanger Institute
- Jo Wood
- Joanna Collins
- Dominic Absolon
- Tom Mathers
- Michael Paulini
- Camilla Santos
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand the Manual curation pipeline
- Understand how Jbrowse can be utilised as a tool both to aid curation and also for post curation analysis
- Interpret a HiC Map
- Understand how to curate an assembly using PretextView and associated curation scripts
- Create an updated/curated assembly fasta
- Understanding the terms genome assembly, reads, contigs
- Understanding of linux command line basics
- To have read/watched the rapid curation documentation available at https://gitlab.com/wtsi-grit/rapid-curation/-/tree/main
- To have read through the HiC_Dummies_Guide
- Have access to a 3 button mouse
Please make sure you MEET THE PREREQUISITES and READ THE DESCRIPTION above
You will get the most out of this session if you meet the prerequisites above.
Please also read the description carefully to see if this session is relevant to you.
If you don't meet the prerequisites or change your mind based on the description or are no longer available at the session time, please email tol-training at sanger.ac.uk to cancel your slot so that someone else on the waitlist might attend.