Querying genome metadata and sequencing projects using GoaT¶
This session is part of Biodiversity Genomics Academy 2023
Genomic Data Curator
Tree of Life Programme
Wellcome Sanger Institute
Introduction to Genomes on a Tree (GoaT) database
By the end of this session you will:
- Know what genome-relevant metadata (such as genome size, chromosome number, assembly span) are stored on GoaT
- Understand the different indexes on GoaT (taxon and assembly) and how to query associated metadata
- Have experience performing simple and complex queries using GoaT Web Interface to retrieve list of taxa and/or assemblies
- Have experience viewing sequencing status and target lists for Earth Biogenome Projects
- Create and share reports for taxon and assembly metadata
- Access to web via desktop (GoaT UI is not optimized for mobile)
- Basic knowledge of genome characteristics and descriptors (assembly, assembly span, genome size, chromosome count, etc.)
- Interest in Eukaryotic genome sequencing initiatives
Please make sure you MEET THE PREREQUISITES and READ THE DESCRIPTION above
You will get the most out of this session if you meet the prerequisites above.
Please also read the description carefully to see if this session is relevant to you.
If you don't meet the prerequisites or change your mind based on the description or are no longer available at the session time, please email tol-training at sanger.ac.uk to cancel your slot so that someone else on the waitlist might attend.