Gfastar: a tool suite to assist genome assembly¶
This session is part of Biodiversity Genomics Academy 2023
Research Assistant Professor, The Rockefeller University
Graduate Fellow, The Rockefeller University
Jack Medico Graduate Fellow, The Rockefeller University
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Compute genome assembly summary statistics using gfastats
- Manipulate genome assembly graphs using gfastats
- Compute QV estimates using kreeq
- Evaluate genome assemblies at scale using Buttercup
- Understanding basic terms in genome assembly, such as reads, contigs, scaffolds, ...
- Basic command line experience.
Please make sure you MEET THE PREREQUISITES and READ THE DESCRIPTION above
You will get the most out of this session if you meet the prerequisites above.
Please also read the description carefully to see if this session is relevant to you.
If you don't meet the prerequisites or change your mind based on the description or are no longer available at the session time, please email tol-training at sanger.ac.uk to cancel your slot so that someone else on the waitlist might attend.
Gfastats examples can be found here.
Kreeq examples can be found here.