BUSCO - from QC to gene prediction and phylogenomics¶
This session is part of Biodiversity Genomics Academy 2023
Director, Environmental Bioinformatics Group SIB
Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand the main uses of BUSCO in genomics
- Understand how BUSCO operates behind the scenes
- Run example assessments of genomic data with BUSCO
- Navigate your way around the main BUSCO outputs
- Understanding of linux command line basics
- Understanding of basic concepts of orthology and homology
- Understanding of main metrics used to evaluate genomics data quality
- Understanding of basic concepts of phylogenomics
Please make sure you MEET THE PREREQUISITES and READ THE DESCRIPTION above
You will get the most out of this session if you meet the prerequisites above.
Please also read the description carefully to see if this session is relevant to you.
If you don't meet the prerequisites or change your mind based on the description or are no longer available at the session time, please email tol-training at sanger.ac.uk to cancel your slot so that someone else on the waitlist might attend.